Friday, 29 July, there will be a Vigil with lamps in support of the people of Palestine, in the new political and geo-political situation in the Middle East, after the uprisings. It will be from 6:00 to 9:00 pm at the Mother Earth Hall, GRNW. As it is quite cold, there will be soup and bread on the back verandah.
The solidarity vigil is being organized jointly by the Centre Idriss Goomany & LALIT, with the support of Former President of the Republic, Mr. Cassam Uteem.
MOTHER EARTH HALL, GRNW, P. LOUIS, FRIDAY 29 JULY, 2011
6:00 pm Lighting the lamps for vigil.
6:30 pm Opening address: Former President of the Republic, Mr. Cassam Uteem.
7: 00pm Slide Show of recent photographs of Palestine: Jano Couacaud.
7:30 a 9:00 pm Testimony on Palestine: Ragini Kistnasamy.
Speech Idriss Goomany Centre member: Imran Dhanoo.
LALIT speech: Ram Seegobin
Testimony of Jenine to Jerusalem protest march along infamous “wall”: Alain Ah-Vee.
Interventions from the floor.
9:00 pm Closing ceremony.
Presided by: Ally Lazer for Idriss Goomany Centre, Rajni Lallah/Lindsey Collen for LALIT.
1. No to new Israeli law to criminalize boycotting of colonies!
2. Freeze all settlements and new colonies immediately!
3. No to repression on the Gaza Flotilla! End the blocade!.
4. Government support for UN resolution for Palestinian State!
5. No diplomatic links wih Israel till occupation ends!
6. Yes to diplomatic representation in Mauritius for Palestine.
7. Boycot Israel! Boycot Caterpillar products that are utilized to destroy houses in Palestine.
Preparations will begin at around 3:30pm.
Volunteers welcome to give a hand.
Making two Banners.
Preparing vegetable soup and bread for the Vigil.
(For more details, 208 2132 or 208 5551)